Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Sleeping will travelling

  • Kenneth Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
      Could you use a type of childs tents over the bed

      Melissa
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
        Wanda,
        That is a concern for all parents who have angels and use an enclosed bed, which we also use. I have found that using his sleep aid, clonidine is usually not enough and have gotten a prescription for ambien. we only have to use 5mg, and it does the trick. He generally sleeps all night long after taking the ambien. I don't know if it would be acceptable for a child as young as yours, but you could ask your pediatrician.
        Best of luck,
        Jean

        wanda coletta <wandacoletta@...> wrote:
        My son is 5yrs and sleeps in an enclosed bed. I was wondering if
        anyone had any suggestions for sleeping will travelling with your
        angel. Until know we have used a portable playyard for him, but he has
        outgrown it. He will not sleep unless he is in an enclosed bed so we
        need to come up with something for when we travel or when he is in
        respite.

      • Sarah Nichols