New

  • Kenneth Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2007
      Hi

      I am new to this site. I do not even know if my son has Angelmans syndrome yet but the geneticist has mentioned the possibility to us.

      A bit of background info: My son is 6 years old and has been diag. with Autism. He is severe with no communication at all apart from a 4 or 5 symbols and the use of putting my hand on what he wants.

      Alot of the symptoms do fit in like no speech, severe learning disabilities, unusual gait, walking and running with arms up and out, shaking when excited, flapping when excited, obsessed with pouring anything but especially liquids, mouthing things constantly, sticking tongue out (not excessively but more than is normal) and febrile seizures when younger with being prone to high temperatures.

      I would appreciate anyone's opinion on this as you have much more knowledge than I have and indeed my doctor!!

      Melissa