Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Rhogam moms.....

  • hendricks829@charter.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
      Donna,

      Where can I find more info on Rhogam?

      Thanks,

      Jackie Hendricks

      > From: "Donna" <donna.arnold@...>
      > Date: 2005/01/18 Tue AM 01:05:24 GMT
      > To: familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Rhogam moms.....

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
        Hi Jackie,

        Pregnant women were "Injected" with mercury via Rhogam or the flu
        vaccine
        with 25-35 mcg of Mercury. The EPA limit for "INGESTING" mercury is
        6 mcg
        for a 132 lb person. There is no safe limit on INJECTING mercury
        into a
        pregnant woman, Mercury crosses over the placenta and targets the
        brain of
        a fetus, the fetus has no blood brain barrier to protect itself from
        the
        mercury. Mercury is a Neurotoxin....Mercury also causes DNA damage
        to a fetal brain.

        Methyl-mercury, usually from contaminated food, is very dangerous to
        pregnant women. Methyl-mercury causes profound mental retardation,
        cerebral
        palsy, seizures, spasticity, tremors, and incoordination, along with
        eye and
        hearing damage in the unborn baby as a result of the mother's
        exposure.
        Organic mercury passes into the breast milk as well.

        Symptoms of this disorder, which attacks the nervous system and
        brain, may include numbness of limbs and the area around the mouth,
        muscle weakness, an unsteady gait, tunnel vision, slurred speech,
        hearing loss, and abnormal behavior such as sudden fits of laughter.
        More aggravated symptoms include general paralysis, difficulty in
        swallowing, convulsions, and death. Methylmercury also cripples
        neural development in fetuses and passes much more readily into the
        brains of young children than adults.

        http://web.idrc.ca/en/ev-25795-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html

        The effect of thimerosal, an organomercurial preservative in
        vaccines, on cerebellar neurons dissociated from 2-week-old rats was
        compared with those of methylmercury using a flow cytometer with
        appropriate fluorescent dyes. Thimerosal and methylmercury at
        concentrations ranging from 0.3 to 10 microM increased the
        intracellular concentration of Ca2+ ([Ca2+]i) in a concentration-
        dependent manner. The potency of 10 microM thimerosal to increase
        the [Ca2+]i was less than that of 10 microM methylmercury. Their
        effects on the [Ca2+]i were greatly attenuated, but not completely
        suppressed, under external Ca(2+)-free condition, suggesting a
        possibility that both agents increase membrane Ca2+ permeability and
        release Ca2+ from intracellular calcium stores. The effect of 10
        microM thimerosal was not affected by simultaneous application of 30
        microM L-cysteine whereas that of 10 microM methylmercury was
        significantly suppressed. The potency of thimerosal was similar to
        that of methylmercury in the presence of L-cysteine. Both agents at
        1 microM or more similarly decreased the cellular content of
        glutathione in a concentration-dependent manner, suggesting an
        increase in oxidative stress. Results indicate that thimerosal
        exerts some cytotoxic actions on cerebellar granule neurons
        dissociated from 2-week-old rats and its potency is almost similar
        to that of methylmercury.

        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?
        cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14698570&dopt=Abstract

        It should be noted that this research study compared equal doses of
        methylmercury and thimerosal. However, thimerosal is only 1/2 mercury
        (ethylmercury), so the authors should have compared 1/2 dose
        thimerosal
        with 1 dose methylmercury. The conclusion would then be that
        ethylmercury is equally potent to methylmercury in increasing Ca2++.
        The
        study also says that unlike methylmercury (which is usually bound to
        cysteine in a cell) thimerosal's potency is unaffected by presence of
        L-cysteine in the neuron, so under in vivo conditions the effects of
        ethylmercury are likely greater (by a factor or 2) than methyl.
        Finally,
        the study shows that thimerosal is more potent than methyl in
        decreasing
        glutathione levels in the cell, which is what other researchers
        have/are
        finding as well.

        Effects of Mercury Administered during Pregnancy
        A reader named "Donna" contacted Midwifery Today E-News with an
        informal study she conducted of mothers who were "injected" with
        mercury while pregnant. She started with her own story:

        http://www.midwiferytoday.com/enews/enews0624.asp?

        There is a yahoo group for Rhogam moms, This also includes mothers
        that were injected with the Flu vaccine while pregnant.

        Donna

        http://www.yourlawyer.com/practice/contact.htm?topic=Thimerosal

        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com,

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
          Here is the web site for Rhogam from the FDA...

          http://www.fda.gov/cber/blood/mercplasma.htm

          Donna