Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] New Member

  • SUSAN WINFREY
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hello Charlotte,
      We've all been where you are and it really does help to talk to someone about it. My son turned 2 in December and would be glad to help you. I have good and bad days myself, if there are any specifics I can help with let me know. Hang in there. Susan

      charlotte987794 <charlottelambert@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone,
      I am a mum to Jude 6 years old and isabelle 2 and a half who was
      diagnosed during the middle of last year. Up to now i have been coping
      well dealing with ups and downs of an angel child, but lately i am
      feeling really emotional and thought it would be good to chat to other
      parents who understand.

    • momanddad28
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 5, 2007
        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "charlotte987794"
        <charlottelambert@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        > I am a mum to Jude 6 years old and isabelle 2 and a half who was
        > diagnosed during the middle of last year. Up to now i have been
        coping
        > well dealing with ups and downs of an angel child, but lately i am
        > feeling really emotional and thought it would be good to chat to
        other
        > parents who understand.

        Welcome,
        My name is Jean and our angel is Robert, 18 years old this month. One
        thing you can count on here is support. Our family has had every
        emotion that can possibly go along with having an angel. We are in a
        good place right now, but can certainly remember times when it is so
        overwhelming you can't believe that anyone else could possibly
        understand, be assured, you are not alone! Emotion is actually a good
        thing, because when I am feeling really down, and don't think I can do
        this another minute, Robert smiles (you know the smile) and all is
        right with the world again.God Bless and keep the faith!
        Jean
      • airheads6@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 6, 2007
          Welcome Jude! huggggggggs, you will find great support and information here!
          Its normal to have ups and downs I believe, it can at times be so
          overwhelming. My four yr old son was diagnosed last June, so it has not been a year for us
          either, and I have my times, believe me! I tend to worry alot as it is and
          now , more then ever. What I did notice though on the postive side, that no
          matter what mood I am in, I can always count on my angel for that irresitable
          smile and laugh and never ending hugs, and for that moment at least, I can deal
          with anything :)
          Please feel free to email anytime !! airheads6@..., Sandi