seizures

  • Jennifer Posey
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2006
      I am soo glad that everyone is posting again. My son Christopher is 4 and has been seizure free since he was 2. About 2 weeks ago he had a really bad one. When he was having them before they were pretty mild he'd just stare off and tremble a little bit and then fall asleep, but it would last all day long about every 45 minutes to an hour. But the one that he had the other week was nothing like it. He was laying in bed which I thought was a little strange because he is very active, but he had been up that morning since 4 AM, So I just assumed he was thinking about taking a nap. I had gone down stairs and my husband hollared for me to come back up because Christopher had thrown up. So I was thinking he was coming down with a stomach bug, But when I got up there his eyes didnt look right so I told my husband we needed to take him to the hospital. Then he started having a seizure, so I told Chris my husband to call 911. After the seizure I took him down stairs so
      when EMS got here they could check him out, well as we were waiting he started to have another seizure and he was vomiting and he stopped breathing for about 15 seconds which seems like nothing but I was freaking out crying, finally the EMS arrived and he was still unresponsive so they took him to the hospital. They ran all kinds of test but they couldnt check his seizure medicine because he takes Keppra and it cant be detected in the blood. But he asperated some of his vomit causing phuemonia. He was unresponsive for 2 days he had never been like that. It's horrible to look at your baby and there just laying there and cant move when he usually goes 100 mph ALL day long. I just wanted to know if any of ya'll had been that long seizure free and have a break through. The doctors even told me that if someone goes 2 years seizure free they take them off the meds. So please let me know.

      Jennifer in Texas

      [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

    • tracy almand

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2006
          I am so sorry that has happend. I couldnt imagine the feeling.
          Vincent has had seizures after he has had none for a long time. We
          would just use Diastat after he has had three seizures in one day.
          That does stop the seizures for a long time. So we dont have to take
          him to the hospital. Have you taken Diastat? We have some at home
          that the doctor has proscribed. It is a life saver. I hope that
          Vincent wouldnt have to go thru that. Have you thought about
          changing his meds?
          --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Posey

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 9, 2006
            He goes to the nuerologist tomorrow morning so we can talk about what happened. So I dont know what were going to do. The bad thing is that we just moved to Texas from South Carolina and this will be the first time that he has seen a neruologist here. But I'm taking him to Houston and supposedly they have some of the best doctors around we'll see. I have had diastat but it was only 2 doses and he's been out and I never refilled because he had not had any break through seizures. Talk to everyone soon

            Jennifer