Re: strollers

  • fronkfam
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21, 2006
      Susan,

      I bought a double jogger on ebay for about 120 including shipping. It
      was brand new and I love it. I can't remember the name off the top of
      my head, but can look at it if you would like me to.

      Teri Fronk

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, SUSAN WINFREY
      <okswinfrey@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any advise about strollers? Ian is 19 months and
      is getting to big for the one I have. I like the jogging style
      stroller and looked at Toys R Us, etc. and can't find one. I've
      shopped on-line and found some that are really pricey. Any
      suggestions? Susan, mom to Ian deletion +.

    • SUSAN WINFREY
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 21, 2006
        Teri,
        That would be great but I don't know if I need a double jogger. I do know I need the weight capacity to be greater than 50 for when Ian gets bigger. I appreciate any info, thanks,............Susan

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 23, 2006
          Susan,

          Our stroller is an InStep. I know this company also makes single
          joggers. The weight for our double is 50 lbs per side, so I'm sure
          their singles would be similar.

          Hope you find what you're looking for!

          I believe the ebay store we bought ours from is called Kidz Resource.
          They probably have single strollers.

          Teri

          <okswinfrey@...> wrote:

          > Teri,
          > That would be great but I don't know if I need a double
          jogger. I do know I need the weight capacity to be greater than 50
          for when Ian gets bigger. I appreciate any info, thanks,............Susan

        • Maria
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 24, 2006
            I have a Baby Jogger stroller. I know they were in the process of
            making a special needs one that would hold up to 100 lbs. I haven't
            checked into it for awhile because we are still barely okay with the
            one we have. Lydia weighs 38 lbs., but she's 7 and quite tall. So
            we are okay weight-wise, length-wise we are pushing it! Sometimes
            she actually pushes the tires like a wheelchair - maybe it's time to
            get something else.

            A place you might also want to check with is with your local Arc.
            We also have what's called Access Utah (that's where I live) and
            they post items used by people with disabilities that are for sale.
            They have to be in good shape to be listed. Some other sources to
            check with are your state's Developmental Disability Council, Family
            Voices and your Parent Training and Information Center (PTI). They
            may not have the equipment, but should be able to tell you where you
            can possibly get used equipment.

            Sorry, that's a lot of resources, but each of these groups/agencies
            will have information about just about everything to do with
            disabilities in your state.

            I do like my Baby Jogger, though!

            Maria, Lydia's mom

            Actually, I just looked at the Baby Jogger website. Their special
            needs strollers are expensive - $750. It's more of a stroller than
            a wheelchair or adaptive stroller. It looks quite nice, though!
            --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "fronkfam"
            <fronkfam@...> wrote:

            > Susan,
            >
            > Our stroller is an InStep. I know this company also makes single
            > joggers. The weight for our double is 50 lbs per side, so I'm sure
            > their singles would be similar.
            >
            > Hope you find what you're looking for!
            >
            > I believe the ebay store we bought ours from is called Kidz
            Resource.
            > They probably have single strollers.
            >
            > Teri
            >
            > --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, SUSAN WINFREY
            > <okswinfrey@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Teri,
            > > That would be great but I don't know if I need a double
            > jogger. I do know I need the weight capacity to be greater than 50
            > for when Ian gets bigger. I appreciate any info,
            thanks,............Susan

          • ziggystardust42000
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
              <okswinfrey@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have any advise about strollers? Ian is 19 months and
              is getting to big for the one I have. I like the jogging style
              stroller and looked at Toys R Us, etc. and can't find one. I've
              shopped on-line and found some that are really pricey. Any
              suggestions? Susan, mom to Ian deletion
              +.

              I'm a nurse for a almost 4 year old with Angelman's, the mom I work
              for has two other special needs kids and gets a few catalogs for
              special equipment. I know we have one that is purple and black, it
              looks like an over sized jogging stroller and it has a very high
              weight limit, to be used for a long time. I do think it was a little
              costly though. I can look into tomorrow on Monday, if you'd like.
              Lisa