just diagnosed

  • DALE-ANN VAN HAL
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
      Hello, my son has just been diagnosed with angelmans syndrome. I
      have tons of questions about what quality of life my son can expect,
      are there different severities to this disease. Where do we go from
      here? Any help would be great.
    • Sue Harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18, 2004
        -Welcome to the Wonderful world of raising an Angel!!!

        First, how old is your son? Early intervention works wonders. My
        daughter, is 34 months and is doing beautifully.
        There is a lot of good information on the web, I find some of it
        dated though. My daughter's quality of life is great, she is in a
        day school class with kids around her age, although she is the
        oldest. She's sweet, loving, caring, funny and is in many ways just
        like the other kids. There are different degrees to this syndrome
        and I believe she is very high functioning.
        What does tomorrow bring? I don't know. But I have learned and am
        learning to take one day at a time, other wise I'd go crazy.
        I'd be happy to answer any specific questions that you have.
        Take Care,
        Sue, Mom of Teagan, 34 months, Clinical diagnosis.

        -- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "DALE-ANN VAN HAL"