Evan's seizures

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Sorry, I haven't written, but thank you all so much for your
      sure what kind of seizures he had. The days in the hospital are a
      blur to me. We go back for a follow-up in a couple of weeks and
      I'll definitely ask. The word grand mal did come up, but I don't
      know exactly what his EEG showed.

      So far he is responding well to the phenobarb. Still tired, but no
      seizures or any breakthrough "ticks". We're not sure yet if he has
      Angelman's, he tested deletion negative. They drew blood work while
      he was in the hospital to do the other tests for Angelman's. Also,
      his MRI showed that he is not fully myelinated yet (85% of kids are
      fully myelinated by 18 months - Evan is 17 1/2 months). But the
      doctors don't seem too concerned about that. They stated that it is
      not abnormal until 2 1/2.

      Well thanks all again for all your responses. I will definitely
      talk to his neurologist about his medication when we go back and ask
      about any alternatives.

      Shannon, Mom of Evan, 17 mos, deletion negative