My Special Angel

  • kait
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello
      I am mum to a Special angel named George, (aka Gorgeous George) although at
      times i do wonder if his halo has slipped a little LOL. He is 4 and a half
      years old, and cuter than a button.

      George came to live with us at 6 and a half months, - he is a foster child -
      and when he came, we were told that he had a cleft palate but everything
      else was fine. He weighed only 11 pounds, and looked to be on deaths door.

      Turns out G had a whole lot more than just a cleft palate, he also has
      Pierre Robin Syndrome (PRS) which basically means he has an incredibly
      undershot bottom jaw, which is slowly growing out. he also was recently
      diagnosed with Epilepsy, which also seems to be under control now that we
      are finally on medication.

      As well as that, he still doesn't talk, only has about 4 clear words, and
      knows about five signs. so communication is EXTREMELY frustrating. also he
      is still not toilet trained, but he is learning, so hopefully this summer he
      will get the hang of it.

      Despite all that George is very bright, knows and understands everything you
      tell him, and is generally a very happy little boy, we are at present
      waiting for results of a blood test to tell us if he has Angelmans syndrome.
      still not entirely sure what that is, but im learning.

      As for me, well i am a 26 year old single gal, working full time whilst my
      mother takes care of g during the day. I had a baby in care last year who
      left under rather horrible circumstances, so these days my life is pretty
      much full of George, work and grieving for that baby I lost. I thought
      foster care would be a breeze, but its pretty horrible when the kids go home
      anyway thats a whole other story so i wont go there right now LOl.

      I guess thats all from here, once again thanks for the welcome and I look
      forward to getting to know you all.

      with love
      Kait and Gorgeous george