Re: What are the active groups? -- Kathy, thx for response

  • Nadereh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2003
      Hi Kathy, thanks for responding.

      I *was* talking about getting hooked up with groups on both the
      internet and in-person. When I did a search for Angelman Syndrome
      internet groups under Yahoo Groups, I got this group and a few
      others. One of those was a DC area group but it was invitation
      only. I've no idea how to contact them. I was thinking I might try
      through the Maryland contact from the Angelman Syndrome Foundation.
      Also, I'll try to get on the Foundation's listserve as you
      suggested. I believe I can do it by contacting info@...,
      right? That should get us started in terms of support.

      Right now we're kind of reeling but that's how we felt when he was
      diagnosed with CP too and it eventually subsided. We were really
      looking forward to hearing him talk in the next year or so and we're
      going to have to readjust a lot of expectations as all AS parents
      have to do. Ah well, we're just at the beginning of this journey and
      Nico, of course, is as happy as ever. Thank God for the little guy,
      he's such a blessing. Thanks again, --Nadereh

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Leonard
      <candlecrazy_1999@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > By active group it sounds like you mean in person? Or are you
      talking about on the internet? I've never heard of a group like the
      one that is in DC that is invitation only. You can either call the
      Angelman Syndrome Foundation and ask, or I would be more than happy
      to check into it for you. Are you looking for local support? There
      is the listserve via the internet that is very active that you can
      get to off the main ASF page.