Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] hi My name is Pam

  • Kathy Leonard
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hi Pam,
      Welcome to the group! How old is your daughter? My oldest started having words at about 9 years of age, and my younger daughter started having words at 4 years old. Now she can string two words together if they start with "my",, like my brother, my dad, my mom. I'm sure other people who don't know her couldn't understand her, but we can as her family. You could also try some oral motor therapy to get her more aware of her mouth, tounge, and lips. Later, this might become more vocalizations.

      Kathy
      Mandy 11yrs. ube3a, Angie 6yrs. ube3a, and rocky 2yrs ube3a

      Warren, MI

      Http://www.geocities.com/candlecrazy_1999/girlswebpage.html

    • pam danko
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
        Wow Kathy you sure have your hands full But I bet you have one of the happiest houses in the world I know Riley makes my day all the time and hearing that your kids can talk I was thinking it was never going to happen and maybe it never will but at least I know that there is hope

        Kathy Leonard <candlecrazy_1999@...> wrote:Hi Pam,
        Welcome to the group! How old is your daughter? My oldest started having words at about 9 years of age, and my younger daughter started having words at 4 years old. Now she can string two words together if they start with "my",, like my brother, my dad, my mom. I'm sure other people who don't know her couldn't understand her, but we can as her family. You could also try some oral motor therapy to get her more aware of her mouth, tounge, and lips. Later, this might become more vocalizations.

        Kathy
        Mandy 11yrs. ube3a, Angie 6yrs. ube3a, and rocky 2yrs ube3a

        Warren, MI

        Http://www.geocities.com/candlecrazy_1999/girlswebpage.html

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Kathy Leonard
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
          Hi Pam,
          yes i believe i have one of the happiest and most chaotic house around :-). I have yahoo instant messenger also, my address is candlecrazy_1999@... if you want to add me to your messenger.

          I don't want to mislead you either. None of my kids can say a sentence,,, but they can say a word or two and do use it consistently and appropriate. they can put two words together if the words are small. They will also say a word,, like bird,, clear as day, and then never repeat it again, or not repeat it for years.

          Talk soon