Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] hi My name is Pam

  • wanda coletta
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hi Pam my name is Wanda and I just oined this group. (you can read the mssg I just posted for details) How old is your dghtr?

      pam danko <pam_d28@...> wrote:I am a mother of 4 little girls and my youngest has angelman syndrome.She has recently reached so many milestones I am so excited .She pulled herself up on the furniture and in her crib I am so happy she has also started crawling on her hands and knees.Also she just recently started babbling I was not expecting all of these developments to come so soon i really thought she would be much older.Well I was quite excited to find out that there was a group like this and cant wait to talk to everyone. pam

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • pam danko
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
        Riley is 2

        wanda coletta <wandacoletta@...> wrote:Hi Pam my name is Wanda and I just oined this group. (you can read the mssg I just posted for details) How old is your dghtr?

        pam danko <pam_d28@...> wrote:I am a mother of 4 little girls and my youngest has angelman syndrome.She has recently reached so many milestones I am so excited .She pulled herself up on the furniture and in her crib I am so happy she has also started crawling on her hands and knees.Also she just recently started babbling I was not expecting all of these developments to come so soon i really thought she would be much older.Well I was quite excited to find out that there was a group like this and cant wait to talk to everyone. pam

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.3867555.5111023.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705013500:HM/A=1750639/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=11fl5bu29/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/universal/rundown/"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/un/universal/rundown_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.3867555.5111023.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705013500:HM/A=1750639/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=11fl5bu29/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/universal/rundown/"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/un/universal/rundown_300x250.jpg"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

      • pam danko

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
            Hi Pam,
            Welcome to the group! How old is your daughter? My oldest started having words at about 9 years of age, and my younger daughter started having words at 4 years old. Now she can string two words together if they start with "my",, like my brother, my dad, my mom. I'm sure other people who don't know her couldn't understand her, but we can as her family. You could also try some oral motor therapy to get her more aware of her mouth, tounge, and lips. Later, this might become more vocalizations.

            Kathy
            Mandy 11yrs. ube3a, Angie 6yrs. ube3a, and rocky 2yrs ube3a

            Warren, MI

            Http://www.geocities.com/candlecrazy_1999/girlswebpage.html

          • pam danko

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
                Hi Pam,
                yes i believe i have one of the happiest and most chaotic house around :-). I have yahoo instant messenger also, my address is candlecrazy_1999@... if you want to add me to your messenger.

                I don't want to mislead you either. None of my kids can say a sentence,,, but they can say a word or two and do use it consistently and appropriate. they can put two words together if the words are small. They will also say a word,, like bird,, clear as day, and then never repeat it again, or not repeat it for years.

                Talk soon