Melatonin

  • kds8465
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26 8:38 AM
      I have a 6 year old Angel, she takes clonodine to help her sleep. She
      is at her limit, I was wondering does anyone use melatonin and does
      it seem to work. Thanks Kelley
    • bwieckowski2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27 7:01 PM
        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "kds8465"
        <kds8465@y...> wrote:
        > I have a 6 year old Angel, she takes clonodine to help her sleep.
        She
        > is at her limit, I was wondering does anyone use melatonin and
        does
        > it seem to work. Thanks Kelley

        Kelley,

        I have a 9 year old who also takes clonodine. We add melatonin per
        his doctor at night. His sleep pattern has changed. He sleeps about
        6 to 8 hours a night.. He still wakes up on occasion. I would check
        with her doctor. My sons weight had a lot to do with what meds he
        takes. If you have any other questions contact us.

        Barbara
      • Kelley Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28 6:39 AM
          My daughters docter has said go ahead, but he did not say to stop the clonodine. Do you give the melatonin with the clonodine. I was told to start her at 2.5 mg and go up to 5.0 mg. Thanks Kelley

          bwieckowski2003 <bwieckowski2003@...> wrote:--- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "kds8465"
          <kds8465@y...> wrote:
          > I have a 6 year old Angel, she takes clonodine to help her sleep.
          She
          > is at her limit, I was wondering does anyone use melatonin and
          does
          > it seem to work. Thanks Kelley

          Kelley,

          I have a 9 year old who also takes clonodine. We add melatonin per
          his doctor at night. His sleep pattern has changed. He sleeps about
          6 to 8 hours a night.. He still wakes up on occasion. I would check
          with her doctor. My sons weight had a lot to do with what meds he
          takes. If you have any other questions contact us.

          Barbara

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor