Just some suggestions

  • knw2860
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2006
      Good evening,

      I just wanted to put some things that we do for Brandon on this email
      because you never know when someone else could use some suggestions.

      First, we use a Tripp Trapp chair for Brandon and feeding. It is
      heavy and awkward but safe and that means a lot. Brandon had a very
      poor suck and had a hard time with even a bottle but when he got older
      and started preschool they introduced us to a cleaning bottle with a
      straw. Hard to explain but I usually tell people it reminds me of a
      bottle that boxers use to squirt water in there mouth. It has a very
      thick plastic straw built right in to the lid that goes straight up
      from the bottle and then curves out so that he did not have to tilt
      his head forward. If anyone is interested I will give you the web
      information.

      Even though Brandon is 5 he still sleeps in a crib until we figure out
      a new bed, but we dropped the mattess to the floor and built a frame
      aroung the bottom so he could not get out and he sleeps very well in
      there and we know he is safe. I think I have it very well since he
      usually sleeps from about 9pm until any time after 7am. The only time
      he wakes up is when he is sick.

      And last we needed a stroller for him but I did not like the glorified
      umbrella stroller they were trying to sell us so we ordered a "Tiger".
      It is awesome. We get so many compliments on it. It came with a
      tray, backpack that attaches to it, umbrella, wedge in between his
      legs, chest harness and lap belt, it all velcros on so we can wash it.
      He is really getting to big for it but I hate to give it up. I hope
      to find someone who could really use it (it cost $3500 but insurance
      paid for it).
      I hope one of these things has helped at least one person out there.
      I know we all need the support of each other.
      Nicole and Brandon (age 5)