Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Digest Number 17/respite care

  • Kathy Leonard
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
      Hi Laura,

      I guess I missed the first post on this, but if you are interested in researching respite care for your friend, let me know what state they live in and I can get you the info. Not only is respite care available, but there are state waiver programs, and extra insurance to pay for equipment and such available if they qualify.

      Again, let me know where your friend lives and I will post the links

      Kathy
      Mandy 11, Angie 5, Rocky 19 months, all AS, ube3a

      Http://www.geocities.com/candlecrazy_1999/girlswebpage.html

    • Laura Shovein-Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
        Hi Kathy-
        Thanks so much for your encouraging message. My friends live in Houston, TX. I'm sure they will be excited to hear about your information.
        Many thanks,
        Laura
        Kathy Leonard <candlecrazy_1999@...> wrote:
        Hi Laura,

        I guess I missed the first post on this, but if you are interested in researching respite care for your friend, let me know what state they live in and I can get you the info. Not only is respite care available, but there are state waiver programs, and extra insurance to pay for equipment and such available if they qualify.

        Again, let me know where your friend lives and I will post the links

        Kathy
        Mandy 11, Angie 5, Rocky 19 months, all AS, ube3a

        Http://www.geocities.com/candlecrazy_1999/girlswebpage.html

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Kathy Leonard
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
          Hi Laura,

          Sorry it took me so long to respond to this,,, i've been a little busy but here are the link.

          http://www.mhmr.state.tx.us/default.html

          This will explain the services and let you know what is available for your friend. I didn't look over this site but it should have what is called the Medicaid Waiver Program. If you friend has any questions i can connect her with a local person in her area. Do you know if she is a member of the Angelman Syndrome Foundation?

          Remember, as a friend of this person sometimes when she calls you she just wants someone to listen. Your a great friend to be checking into this for her.

          Let me know if you have any questions or i can help you or your friend in any way.