Re: new member

  • wsj88
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21 8:02 AM
      Hi everyone....just a quick note....when Matt was just months old he
      was not gaining weight either....the doctor had us put Karo syrup in
      his food/drink...it's been a while, but as I recall it was like a
      tablespoonful with each meal...either in the cereal or drink....check
      with your doctor before trying this, but it came from a doc that has
      dealt with Angelman kids before. Worked for Matt and he started
      gaining regularly...not as fast as other kids, but at least it was
      something...

      Take care and don't forget to check with your doc first...

      Wendy mother of Matthew, 10, del+
    • sazcopey
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 18 9:33 AM
        hi everyone i,m sarah .Ihave a 2 1/2 year old angel declan. we live
        in the uk .declan is the usual little angel he loves life laughing
        his way through the day. he can,t walk yet .and he has no speech i
        cant say he has,nt got a voice because most can hear him mile away.
        he still has uncontrolled fits usually 30-50 every 2 weeks.i would
        love to know if anyone is using the picture cards for communication
        and is it working. declan just likes it eat the cards so we,re not
        making much procress. bye for now my angels calling. p.s he,s
        hungurry.
      • RM
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 17, 2005
          Hello Everyone,
          New member here. We're the Marx family from Oregon, Mike,Robin Kelly
          and our Angel Erich who is 11 now.
          In 1997 We got a diagnosis from Dr. Magenis at OHSU in Portland. The
          FISH test was negative for a deletion.
          After attending the recent conference in Anaheim we have found there
          are new tests available but we are debating on whether they need to be
          done now. After finally meeting other people and families with AS we
          have no doubt Erich is an Angel.
          I tell you though, it feels so good being connected to a group now and
          talking with other people that are dealing with the same day to day
          life as us. We got it good!
          Thanks for listening everyone.
          Robin
        • justannae kirby
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 17, 2005
            YOUR CHILD IS NORMAL.
            Bet you never expected to see that, did ya?
            Ok, so the outside world sees our kids as being different from theirs.
            They are.
            But, here in our world...the Land of the Angels...our kids are very
            NORMAL!
          • bowheads4ever
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 10, 2005
              my wife and i just recently found out that our 2yr old son seth has
              as. we are just trying to talk to others in the same situation.
            • nichols brandon
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 10, 2005
                We Understand Our Son is 5 and has A/S we are by far not a "professional" , but been through allot. E-Mail us anytime. Hope u Like that attachment.

                bowheads4ever <bowheads4ever@...> wrote: my wife and i just recently found out that our 2yr old son seth has
                as. we are just trying to talk to others in the same situation.

              • jlindsay1980
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 18, 2005
                  Would love to talk to other parents with children whom have angelman
                  syndrome. My son Michael was diagnosed in 2001. He will be 6 in
                  september.
                • jlindsay1980
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 18, 2005
                    My son Michael was diagnosed as del+ 4 years ago. Would love to talk to
                    other parents with children with angelman syndrome
                  • andreabi63
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 6, 2008
                      hi everyone,
                      I'm Andrea and I have a son 20 months old who has angelman syndrome
                      I'm Italian and my english is not very good.
                      by Andrea
                    • Our three angels
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 6, 2008
                        Welcome Andrea!

                        Why don't you tell us an introduction about your son.

                        It's nice to have you on the list.

                        kathy

                        Mom to Mandy 16, Angie 10, and Rocky 7, all AS ube3a

                        Visit my blog for my personal views on life and marriage
                        http://leonardfamily-our3angels.blogspot.com/

                        Communication Techniques in Angelman Syndrome now available. Click below to order my book.
                        http://www.ourthreeangels.info/
                      • Sonya O'Brien
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 6, 2008
                          Welcome to the group Andrea!