95Re: New member - is genetic testing useful?

  • angelmum01
    Nov 5, 2002
      Dave,

      My daughter is Clinically Diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome. For us,
      that makes not difference in how we work with her. She is high
      functioning and is learning more everyday. I think the Dx gave her a
      label and that label gave her a few services that she may not have
      gotten otherwise.
      From my experience, that clinical dx didn't change Jessie and she
      would be the same regardless.
      Now if there was gene therapy, that would be a different story.
      Isolating the gene would make a difference.

      Good Luck in your quest,

      Winna
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic