80Re: Lamictol for Seizures in Angelman

  • wsj88
    Apr 8 9:34 PM
      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@y..., ronandalyson <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > I have a seven year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome. She
      > recently had her first seizure. The Neurologist has recommended
      > putting her on medication. Lamictol is one of medications the Dr.
      > has recommended. We are concerned about the potential serious side
      > effects with this drug. Does anyone have experience with its use?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ron McKenzie

      Ron,
      I have not had experience with this seizure medication, but find that
      the internet is a wonderful resource. Have you posted on the
      listserv? There are a lot of people on there with lots of experience
      with the different drugs. If you want info on signing up with the
      listserv, please let us know and we will do what we can to get you on
      there.

      My Matt was resently put on Topomax and he is not the same child. He
      is very moody....crabby often, drools a lot more and his sleeping
      habits are worse then ever. Whether it is him growing up, or actually
      the meds I am not sure, but he is not the same as he used to be.

      Please keep us updated on what you find out and good luck!

      We are all here for you!
      Best Always,
      Wendy & Terry Johnson
      Matthew, 9, del+