769Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] talking

  • sara good
    Nov 7, 2005
      The same with Josh. He said bubbles the other day. I was blowing a bubble with gum and he clearly said it. I hurried up and blew more and more and he never said it again. About 6 months ago he was saying ma-ma but now will not say it. He can say his own name....bubba. And he says that when prompted or real late at night he will wake up saying it when he is wound up. How did the party go? I hope that your visit to the ER turned out all right. And I think interaction is great. Although Josh may never speak normally I am not going to be quiet. Some parents may get discouraged and just stop talking. You have to interact. You just have to and it is effective even when they utter uhhhuh or ahhhhh like Josh. Write back when you get a chance. Josh's surgery went GREAT. He is seeing alot better now and way more active. I wonder if he starts walking how much he will be in to-LOL! I would chase him around all day! I can't wait until he walks. Theraphy is hoping by Christmas.
      That would be the best Christmas present ever.

      lacey <tantansmommy@...> wrote: Hi,

      My son tanner just turned 2 (oct. 22nd). He can't Really talk yet but
      he has learned "haaa" which for him is yes and "uhuh" which of course
      is no. But today while we were sitting in triage at the emergency room
      my mom said " Hi baby " and He actually said hi back to her. I feel the
      chances of that happening again are slim but his yes and no are very
      meaning full. if you ask him question "Tanner do you wanna take a bath"
      his response is usually "uhuh" (He doesn't think baths are real
      great...just okay). We ask him questions all the time. This is
      something i have been doing since before we knew he had angelmans. I
      would be out shopping and ask him if we should get corn (would hold it
      up) or peas (hold it in other hand) and wait for a response (touching
      the can or kinda pointing). Of course if he didn't respond i would
      choose. But i think it was just that simple interaction that stimulated
      his yes and no.

      lacey