757Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] talking

  • sara good
    Nov 4, 2005
      Hi, Sarah. My son is two and half and does not walk on his own. He can if you hold his hand but he is very wobbly. He just had eye surgery for strabismus and has made a major turn around. He walks very well in a walker. The therapist and I are hoping he will walk by Christmas. He is very heavy! 37lbs! I wanted to know if other children were on the hefty side like Josh or tiny. ??? I read that kids diagnosed UPD (which is the way it is looking for Josh) are heavier. Josh just started to have lip closure. He will babble. He can say Buba. We call him Buba most of the time. He can make w noises along with b's and m's. The speech therapist says that she is for certain he will have no problem talking with the letters he can put together. We are working on P'S. He just started biting. He bit me 3 times yesterday. I told him no firmly. Any advice?

      sarah copeland <sazcopey@...> wrote:hi everyone, hope all your angels, and you are keeping well
      I would love to know if any of your angels talk ,how well ,
      and how many words ,is it meaningfull and what age did they start
      to use speach.
      I,m sorry it,s sound like a hundred questions . but you read some of
      the angel web sites and they say no speach, and others say they do.
      And who better to ask than your selfs.
      declan is 3 1/2 and as yet there are no words but loads of
      squealing and babble..
      see you sarah and declan..

      Family cruise special Learning disabled Disabled equipment Family vacation special