254Re: i have no idea how this works

  • redheadedravensfan
    Feb 15, 2005

      Let me first introduce myself, I'm Ami. I live in Baltimore Md. I
      am the mother of a 14 year old angel (and she still sometimes eats
      with her hands). I think i took the bottle away at age 5, which
      didnt seem too traumatic to her. (or me, lol) Alyssa takes
      Trazadone to help with sleeping, how is the Chloral Hydrate
      working???? Let me know, I was told that 5 to 6 hours of sleep would
      be the best I could hope for. Alyssa dosent have seizures or need
      braces. She didnt start walking to the age of 5. I am also new to
      this, this being the group type thing. But I feel it could be a
      rewarding experience, to know you are not alone. And hopefully a
      great source for tips on what works, as we all could probably use.
      And a little humore, I'm hoping. I can say everything I've been
      reading seems pretty much very true. It seems they are writing it
      about Alyssa. I am glad I was young when i had her, god know's I
      needed the energy.

      Keep in touch, Ami

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "J.W. Archer"
      <ditchlicker_2000@y...> wrote:
      > hello,
      > I'm not too sure how this group thing works but i
      > would really like to be able to chat with other
      > parents of angels. My daughter is three and her name
      > is Lennon. She was diagnosed at about 18 months after
      > repeated attempts to stop her seizure's with
      > medication wasn't working. Eventually, Lennon's
      > mother and I took her to the emergency room at Sick
      > Kids in Toronto (which is about an hour and a half
      > away). After a week or so, they found the problem. We
      > were very happy, figuring that if they had found the
      > problem, they can now fix it. Needless to say, life
      > hasn't been the same since. I am now a 27 year old
      > single father living off the system. It has been a
      > rough road, but Lennon always has a smile to cheer me
      > up. She has beautiful red hair and even more
      > beautiful blue eyes. She eats using her hands and
      > still uses a bottle. She is on Valproic Acid for her
      > seizures and Chloral Hydrate to help her get a good
      > night sleep. She has braces for her legs (AFO's) which
      > she uses in her stander and walker. She can crawl
      > very well and pull herself to stand against things.
      > If you would like to chat with me, my MSN is barrieboy_77@h...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic