2307Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Sleeping will travelling

  • momanddad Warnock
    Nov 7, 2007
      Wanda,
      That is a concern for all parents who have angels and use an enclosed bed, which we also use. I have found that using his sleep aid, clonidine is usually not enough and have gotten a prescription for ambien. we only have to use 5mg, and it does the trick. He generally sleeps all night long after taking the ambien. I don't know if it would be acceptable for a child as young as yours, but you could ask your pediatrician.
      Best of luck,
      Jean

      wanda coletta <wandacoletta@...> wrote:
      My son is 5yrs and sleeps in an enclosed bed. I was wondering if
      anyone had any suggestions for sleeping will travelling with your
      angel. Until know we have used a portable playyard for him, but he has
      outgrown it. He will not sleep unless he is in an enclosed bed so we
      need to come up with something for when we travel or when he is in
      respite.