1819Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Aggressive impulsive behavior

  • Wells Nicole
    Jan 3, 2007
      Robin,

      Our little angel loves to do the same grabbing and pinching. Brandon is almost 6 and SO STRONG!! I would love to know where the strength comes from. We recently went to the neurologist and he put her in a headlock. After she freed herself from him she told me she was concerned with his behavior. I understand the concerns but I also do not know what to do with it. When Brandon pinches or pulls hair we rub his arm and tell him to be nice and sometimes he will loosen his grasp. We have found that if we get excited when he does it or if someone starts to fight him he starts laughing and tightens his grip. Brandon has lifted my 22 pound younger son off of the ground by his hair before. I don't know if he does it to be aggressive, if it is sensory to pinch, or if this is his way of communicating. Brandon has also gotten pretty good at grabbing peoples stuff out of their shopping carts at the stores and putting them in our baskets. I understand the embarassment also
      because Brandon love to take purses out of shopping carts.
      Thanks
      Nicole

      carangel_93 <mccswanny_66@...> wrote: Hi my name is Robin and I have a daughter that has a clinical diagnosis
      of Angelman. Carly is now 13 and is bigger than me. She grabs peoples
      faces, glasses, cloths or anything she can reach. She is so fast you
      don't even know that it's coming until she strikes and your bleeding.
      She also gooses people at every given opportunity!! This can be very
      embarrassing. Is there anyone out there that has had the same behaviors
      and what did you do about it? I was thinking about some sort of a mild
      traquilizer or something. I have tried risperadal but that was not
      helping so I am leary about what to try to calm her down a notch. Any
      ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks Robin