1442Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Re: Help with Pijamas

  • momanddad Warnock
    May 18, 2006
      Kathy,

      I have to tell you that Robert is now 17 and has not yet escaped the duct tape, and we too have always thought of him as our own little houdini!! As I said earlier, we haven't had to use it in some time, but will share with you that two mornings ago, I went in and there was his bare bottom!!! Yah just gotta love 'um!! That hasn't happened in a very long time, he must have been bored!! Hope it continues to work and give that little angel a kiss from one angel to another!!
      Jean, Roberts mom!

      kathy sandoval <kibsand@...> wrote:
      Thanks for all the advice. I have to tell you that the duct tape idea that one of the parents sent me has worked so far. However, I'm sure Ms. Laura will figure out a way out of it eventually. I'll get back with all of you then to see what else has worked for other parents as the kids get older.

      Thank you all for all the advice.

      thelma443 <thelma443@...> wrote:
      I just logged on and read this, here is what I did, there is a
      web-site called Farm Fleece or Fleece Farm, I ordered leggings and
      they had bike shorts as well. They fit really snug, especially around
      the ankles and waist. They had all colors, I ordered black for my son.
      Even in the summer time my son has to have the bike shorts on under
      his shorts because he won't stay out of the diaper.
      We recently also had all the pockets of his jeans sewn shut as well,
      this helped lots.
      Hope it helps ;0)
      Tami

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, Wells Nicole
      <knw2860@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > One suggestion that I was given was to buy a leotard to put on
      under the pajamas. I have not tried this yet but my son loves nothing
      more to take off his pajamas and diaper(yes we know what a mess that
      is). I have tried to find plain leotard's that have no print so I can
      put them under his clothes during the day but I only seem to be able
      to find pink and ones with girly patterns that will not work for HIM!
      > Thanks
      > Nicole and Brandon
      >
      > Deborah Ramirez <djaneram@...> wrote:
      >

      > Kathy <kibsand@...> wrote: Hello Everyone,
      > I'm writing for some creative advice on what to put my niece Laura (7
      > yrs old ) to sleep in.
      >
      > My sister in law has tried the one piece PJ's with the zipper on the
      > back ( gets out ) .. tried to tie a ribbon on the front to keep the
      > zipper from coming down ( ripped the holes ) .. can't use 2 piece PJ's
      > because she will take her clothes off and shred her diaper ( you all
      > can imagine the mess ) .. The only suggestion she's been given is to
      > put Laura to sleep in jeans tied with a belt. That really seems
      > uncomfortable however she is Houdini and manages to escape all other
      > clothing gadgets her mom has come up with.
      >
      > Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Kathy
      >

      > Hi Kathy,
      > I have Jacob in cotton shorts and shirts. We sewed the shirt to
      the shorts and put a zipper in the back. the zipper is just long
      enough to put in his arms. We have had pretty good luck with them. We
      had put Jacob in those one piece pajamas with the long zipper, that
      was a fiascal. He was out of them in no time at all. just a thought.
      > Good luck!!!!!
      > Deborah, mom of Jacob, Gabriel, and Elijah(angels)

      > Family cruise special Learning disabled Disabled
      equipment Family vacation special

      Service.

      Service.

      Family cruise special Learning disabled Disabled equipment Family vacation special