1431Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] New to Group

  • fronkfam
    May 7, 2006
      Now that you mention it, Brayden was also a late walker. He was about
      2-2.5 years old when he started to walk. We were just told that he
      had extrememly low muscle tone.

      We are still waiting for the results of his test for Angelman.

      Teri

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "Robbie Montgomery"
      <rmontgomery@...> wrote:

      > We thought Sawyer's difficulties were due to a virus called CMV. I had
      > accepted that too until she started having "drop seizures" I didn't know
      > what they were at the time. I thought she was over tired or it was just
      > due to her poor balance.She would be standing up and then eyes shut
      > briefly and she would catch herself before falling or just fall.
      They were
      > only once in a while a year ago but then they started happening like 10
      > times a day. We went to the neurologist and the first test too came back
      > negative but then they did another specific test FISCH test I think
      and it
      > was positive. We met with geneticists a couple of weeks ago and they
      took
      > my husbands blood and mine to see if this was caused between the two
      of us
      > or if it is something in my family genes.
      >
      > She has two characteristics which don't totally fit AS. She has retinal
      > scarring and she has protowords which start with /b and p/. She has
      names
      > for things and different vocalizations. However, everything else
      fits AS.
      > She is walking and starting to jump and run. I feel she has come so far
      > due to therapy which started when she was 3 months old.
      >
      > Robbie
      >
      > Robbie Montgomery, M.S, SLP-CCC
      > Speech-Language Pathologist

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic