1430Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] New to Group

  • fronkfam
    May 7, 2006
      Nicole,

      I don't know much about Angelman, but a few things that seem to fit
      Brayden are the always happy attitude and laughing at nothing. He has
      never talked. Most of the kids I know with Autism spoke then lost
      that ability, Brayden never had any words. Other than that, I don't
      know too much.

      Teri

      --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, nicole Wygonik
      <neschacht@...> wrote:

      > I feel the same way that you do about not fitting. My
      > son was diagnosed with Autism at 2. We are going
      > through our second set of tests for Angelman right
      > now. The first test for deletion came back negative.
      > My son will be 4 in a month. My son has a small head
      > but knock on wood....no seizures. Besides the
      > seizures what other signs does your son have? I have
      > accepted the autism diagnosis because I have lived
      > with the belief he had it since he was 16 months. I
      > have already grieved over the autism diagnosis and am
      > scared to have to try and fit in somewhere else.
      >
      > Nicole
      >
      > --- fronkfam <fronkfam@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > My name is Teri. I live in Utah. My six year old
      > > son Brayden, might
      > > have AS. We were told at 15 months that he probably
      > > had Autism. We
      > > were given a diagnosis of Autism at age 3 when he
      > > started attending a
      > > preschool for kids with Autism. He started having
      > > seizures at 3.5
      > > years old. At the time seizures started, we had
      > > some genetic testing
      > > done. The doctor didn't test for Angelman because
      > > Brayden didn't fit
      > > the symptom of having a small head. Now our
      > > neurologist is requesting
      > > he be tested.
      > >
      > > I don't know much about Angelman. Our lives have
      > > revolved around
      > > Autism for so long, but Brayden was always different
      > > from other kids
      > > with Autism.
      > >
      > > Any information you could share would really be
      > > appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Teri
      > >

      > Nicole Schacht