1426Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] New to Group

  • nicole Wygonik
    May 6 6:30 PM
      I feel the same way that you do about not fitting. My
      son was diagnosed with Autism at 2. We are going
      through our second set of tests for Angelman right
      now. The first test for deletion came back negative.
      My son will be 4 in a month. My son has a small head
      but knock on wood....no seizures. Besides the
      seizures what other signs does your son have? I have
      accepted the autism diagnosis because I have lived
      with the belief he had it since he was 16 months. I
      have already grieved over the autism diagnosis and am
      scared to have to try and fit in somewhere else.

      Nicole

      --- fronkfam <fronkfam@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Teri. I live in Utah. My six year old
      > son Brayden, might
      > have AS. We were told at 15 months that he probably
      > had Autism. We
      > were given a diagnosis of Autism at age 3 when he
      > started attending a
      > preschool for kids with Autism. He started having
      > seizures at 3.5
      > years old. At the time seizures started, we had
      > some genetic testing
      > done. The doctor didn't test for Angelman because
      > Brayden didn't fit
      > the symptom of having a small head. Now our
      > neurologist is requesting
      > he be tested.
      >
      > I don't know much about Angelman. Our lives have
      > revolved around
      > Autism for so long, but Brayden was always different
      > from other kids
      > with Autism.
      >
      > Any information you could share would really be
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Teri

      Nicole Schacht