45382Final health stuff

  • Rebecca
    Aug 28, 2006
      The med that's needed to do my first year follow up whole body scan, to see if the cancer has spread, is in. Most likely my scan will be toward the end of next week, or the weekend. For those of you who have been following my odyssey here. Thought I'd let you know before fm shuts down. If you want to know results, let me know, I'll put you on the list. Or if we're on common e-groups now, I'll post to it. We have to wait 6 months to a year from treatment date, before knowing if the cancer has spread or not. So, that's been part of what this last year has been - waiting for when this scan could be done. Yeh, adrenaline level has increased since hearing the scan med is in, and we'll be doing the scan. The med is $1000.oo per shot and we get one shot each over 2 days. My copay will be $300.00. The manufacturer has people whose job is to work with us to make it affordable. It's made from, get this : Chinese Hamster ovarian cell lining. Pretty weird. Who thought to look there? - oh yeh, I bet Chinese Hamster ovary cell lining will create what we need.