RE: [fairvote_az] This is Australia, not America - You can't waste your vote

  • Bill Barker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2013
      Barbara, this is a really good illustration of how ranked choice works. I think that even recent high school graduates would understand the system. I agree that it is a bit crude, but that is about the only thing that gets attention anymore.

      Bill Barker

      To: fairvote_az@yahoogroups.com
      From: drbarbaraklein@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 02:51:43 +0000
      Subject: [fairvote_az] This is Australia, not America - You can't waste your vote

      image001.jpg@01CE9EA7.09620970

      image003.png@01CE9EA6.3FF19600

      Follow link for amusing explanation of Australia’s RCV system – a bit different than what is proposed in America.  AND don’t blame me for the crudeness or the fact that one of the ‘Bastard’ parties won.    Barbara Klein

      An Amusing Comic That Explains Australia’s
      Ranked Voting System
      by Joey deVilla on August 19, 2013 –

      http://www.joeydevilla.com/2013/08/19/an-amusing-comic-that-explains-australias-ranked-voting-system/

      Barbara Klein,

      FairVote AZ, chair

      image004.png@01CE9EA6.3FF19600

    • Korky Day
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
        Thanks!  Very good.
        However, pro-rep would be better for that lower house,
        as Australia does for its upper house (Senate).

        Other, more minor, points:
        None of the characters seemed to be women.
        Ranked voting for a single seat does not completely cure the wasted-vote syndrome,
        but mostly it does.