more RCV study

  • Dr Barbara Klein
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009

      Bits & Pieces

      FairVote AZ advocating for Ranked Choice Voting

      April 1, 2009

      It is tempting to send a message today saying how some place in Maricopa County RCV has gotten a foot hold
      – but you would recognize it as an April Fool’s Day joke – for now

      However, some places move forward.

      Yesterday, LA County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas proposed that the County study the potential benefits of Instant Runoff Voting – and the LA County Board of Supervisors unanimously agreed.  Here’s a link to a piece from yesterday’s LA Times: http://www.irvinla.org/latest_news/l-county-study-using-instant-runoff-elections.

      Supervisor Ridley-Thomas’ motion is available here: http://file.lacounty.gov/bos/supdocs/48393.pdf.

      Hope they do a good job and produce a product that we can take advantage of for educational or advocacy purposes here in Arizona .

      Dr. Barbara Klein

      The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works....President Obama