Re: volunteers

  • Joe Cobb
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      I have 3000 hand cards.  I will take most of them to Bart's house tonight and he can take the rest to wherever.  I will keep about 500 with me, and I can be found from 6:00am until 12:30pm at the St. John's Lutheran Church, northeast corner of 51 Avenue and Myrtle (stoplight just north of Glendale Avenue).  If you want some of my 500 - since I will probably need fewer than 150 - come get them from me, or from wherever Bart can be.

      Note my phone number if you become easily lost.
      _________________________
      Regards, Joe Cobb
      Phone 949-338-9020
      Glendale, AZ 85311-1855
      www.JoeCobb.com
      .
      Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 11:23 AM
      Subject: RE: volunteers

      Bart,

      Your house is a bit too hard to ask people to find and then go to their location.  The idea of your position at the church across from the main library (if that is the plan) seems much more reasonable.  This is my opinion.

      Linda, I got another volunteer for early morning. (Pat Matthews)

      Yes, I will give out Bart’s email and my own 480.266.9292.   What about Linda’s?

      I told people I would call them later today with their locations.  BUT I also thought that I would send them to Bart first and he would double check their poll.  I am also telling them to bring a chair (especially for the older folks) and especially if they have down time.  As well as water and a hat if needed.

      I will tell people that we are stopping around 9:30 or so for coffee – and we should have a place for people to meet if they like.  Would be better if NOT totally downtown if we have people uptown.

      Also figured that few of us would stop for lunch after another 11:30 – 1:30 shift.  So any ideas?   The deli?

      SO, I hope to hear from one of you later with the spots you have picked and I will call my volunteers.   Want to call them in afternoon.

      Barbara K

      • lindajmacias@aol.com