Fair Tax Citizen grassroots: 30 states and counting

  • FairTaxAnswers.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2008

      Dear Fair Tax Advocates:

      OPERATION: OFF THE FENCE warmly welcomes additional participants from

      ·        Florida

      ·        Georgia

      ·        Nevada

      ·        North Carolina

      ·        Ohio

      ·        Pennsylvania

      This brings OOTF participation to 30 states; let's keep spreading the word and make it all 50!

      Other News:

      Just a reminder of two important pieces of legislation on the horizon – both overwhelmingly passed the US House last fall, and are now in Senate Committees; both pose a potential threat to our freedoms, financially and socially (click below for summaries):

      ·        The Global Poverty Act (passed House unanimously, on a voice vote; sponsored by Barack Obama in the Senate)

      ·        The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Act (many definitions in this bill are subjective, allowing a government committee to decide who and what are "radical" and "extremist" – perhaps even Fair Tax advocacy groups?); passed House 404 to 6.

      You might ask "What do these have to do with the Fair Tax?" Answer: Everything!

      1. Everything our government does must be financed – by you and me.

      2. Everything our government does beyond the constraints of the Constitution gives the government more control of society; the more control government has, the more our freedoms are eroded.

      The Fair Tax (as written) will allow We the People to take control of the flow of money into Washington DC, so we can have a chance of controlling the outflow. The OOTF postcards ARE the magic bullet!

      Have a wonderful OOTF week!

      OPERATION: OFF THE FENCE!  Crew

      It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather, a tireless, irate minority keen to set brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." … Samuel Adams