For Advocates of Fair Tax and Freedom

  • FairTaxAnswers.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008

      Dear Fair Tax Advocates:

      Welcome aboard to new OOTF participants / Fair Tax advocates in California and Illinois!

      We recently became aware of The Global Poverty Act (GPA) (HR 1302 / S 2433 – sponsored in the senate by Sen. Obama).

      According to World Net Daily (paraphrased):

      "The Global Poverty Act will commit .7 of US GNP, which, over 13 years would amount to $845 billion to the United Nations. The bill institutes the United Nations Millennium Summit goals as the benchmarks for U.S. spending. A report by Cliff Kincaid at Accuracy in Media states: 'In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that (U.N.) declaration commits nations to banning 'small arms and light weapons' and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention of Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and the Convention of the Rights of the Child,' he said.

      Kincaid also reported Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the "Millennium Project," confirms a U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP would add about $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already donates overseas.

      Those U.N. protocols would make US law on issues ranging from the 2nd Amendment to energy usage and parental rights all subservient to United Nations whims."

      The Global Poverty Act passed the House last October – on a Voice vote – no record of who voted or how! It is now up to the Senate – and the Citizens! We urge you to instruct your senators to vote NO on the Global Poverty Act (S 2433).

      And, remember, no matter who sits in the presidency, or the House or Senate, it is up to we the People to demand the Fair Tax, and take control of the flow of money into Washington DC. Only then can we hope to control the flow of money OUT of Washington DC.

      Have a great OOTF week!

      OPERATION: OFF THE FENCE!  Crew

      It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather, a tireless, irate minority keen to set brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." … Samuel Adams