- *Dear Fair Tax Advocates / 2% of America:* This is one of those rare occasions when our gov t has requested to hear from us -- let s not disappoint! The HouseMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007View SourceDear Fair Tax Advocates / 2% of America:This is one of those rare occasions when our gov't has requested to hear from us -- let's not disappoint!The House Ways and Means will meet Sept 6 for a "Hearing on Fair and Equitable Tax Policy for America's Working Families". Let's let our elected officials know that we expect them to provide a written submission to urge the committee to consider the Fair Tax Act (HR25 / S1025), AS WRITTEN!The Committee is taking written submissions from ANYONE not scheduled to speak at the hearing (that includes all of us)."In view of the limited time available to hear witnesses, oral testimony at this hearing will be from invited witnesses only. However, any individual or organization not scheduled for an oral appearance may submit a written statement for consideration by the Committee and for inclusion in the printed record of the hearing."
Although the Hearing will take place on Sept. 6, deadline for written submissions is Sept. 20. You must follow the instructions on the House Ways & Means website for submissions. Click here for the announcement.
Click here to provide a submission for the record . This will take you to a simple form to complete; you can even sign up others for submissions (such as members of your household or workplace). Forward this message to everyone you've heard say "It'll never happen" -- and tell them if they don't do this, they're absolutely right!
Here's a simple submission:We want the Fair Tax! We want the Fair Tax Now! We want the Fair Tax, AS WRITTEN! Visit www.OperationOffTheFence.org for more information.The FAIR TAX Plan:
- Repeals corporate and individual income taxes, payroll taxes, self-employment taxes, capital gains taxes, estate taxes and gift taxes. ·
- Imposes a revenue-neutral personal consumption tax on all NEW goods and services at the point of final purchase. Business-to-business transactions, used products, investments, and education costs are NOT subject to the sales tax.
- Prebates the sales tax on all spending up to the poverty level; the working poor are totally untaxed.
- Repeals the 16th Amendment (through companion legislation).
Ramifications of the FAIR TAX:
GO! GO! GO!
- All your income will be tax-free, regardless of the amount or source (wages, business profits, corporate profits, investment profits, capital gains, social security check, pension check, etc.).
- The US WILL become the tax haven of the world overnight – literally. ·
- Business and capital flood into the United States, increasing jobs, and reestablishing the manufacturing base.
- The prices of U.S. exports become more competitive on the world market as embedded costs of the tax code are gone.
- Transparency – every buyer of a good or service in the US will be constantly reminded of the cost of government (the sales receipt will expose it).
- All citizens will have CHOICE as to if, when, and how much tax they pay based on spending habits (no more government confiscation).
- Citizens will pay no tax on necessities - working poor are TOTALLY UNTAXED
- Underground economies will now pay their share.
- Tax base will be HUGE: every person on the face of the earth buying anything at the retail level in the US will be contributing to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the Military, etc.
- No preferential tax treatment.
- Since 10% of retailers collect 90% of current sales taxes, compliance will be easier and the cost of collection will drop dramatically.
- Social Security and Medicare are funded and unchanged.
- Simple, proven, efficient, effective, transparent, inexpensive taxing mechanism that allows no favoritism (even a second-grader can understand it).
- Charitable contributions increase as does the purchasing power of the charitably given dollar.
- The greatest transfer of power back to the people since our country began. Why? Because when, where, and how YOU spend your money is largely responsible for determining the direction YOUR country takes.