SickAmongthePure.com - DEC 2004 INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS

  • nocturnal_movements
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004
      SATP - DEC 2004 INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS - view this message with images:
      http://nocturnalmovements.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000049

      SickAmongthePure.com

      Inside this issue...

      MUSIC: Electro - EBM - Industrial
      INTRIGUE: A Goth's Guide... to Movie Theatre Etiquette
      REVIEW: eMOTIVe by A Perfect Circle
      IMPACT: Texas Rising
      SPOTLIGHT: Behind the Scenes... with Sonya Brown
      ESOTERIC: Behind the Wall of Sound: Issue 19

      PLUS SO MUCH MORE!

      A New Breed of Digital Fuckers!
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/DSI/DSI.html

      -

      Dope Stars Inc ready their Cyberpunk for the masses

      "SickAmongthePure sits down with Victor Love, frontman and driving
      force behind Dope Stars Inc., on the eve of hitting the big time!"
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/DSI/DSI.html

      CyberAge Radio Maestro, Tommy T

      Power noise Ninja Secrets Revealed!
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/DSBP/DSBP.html
      -

      "Tommy T is a well-known name throughout North America, being one of
      the most knowledgeable and resourceful individuals in the effort to
      advance new Electro, Industrial, EBM, and Power Noise albums to radio
      and other DJ contacts throughout the NA continent and beyond. Movers
      and shakers in the underground music industry are more curious
      mysteries than gluttons for the limelight. As technological advances
      provide the means for young fans to hear new independent music, we
      raise many "curiously strong" and burning questions for these
      roundhouse engineers who route and re-route the trains of information,
      collaboration, and new music innovation."

      "In the following interview, Tommy T responds to inquiries about his
      own musical projects, including Diverje and in-Fused. He also
      discusses music downloading, the industry at large, record labels,
      collaborations between music projects and labels, promotions to club
      and radio DJs, the recent debacle that is the US Presidential
      election, and issues of ethical responsibility among DJs who spin new
      music promos. All that and more spills from the bag and cascades
      across the table for your perusal. Please consume all you can before
      Xmas."
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/DSBP/DSBP.html

      SUICIDE is PAINLESS
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Suicide_Commando/Suicide_Commando.html
      -

      An interview with Suicide Commando

      "SickAmongthePure catches up with Johan Van Roy, the mastermind of
      Suicide Commando and its beating heart, at INFEST, the UK's premier
      EBM/Industrial festival. Johan is in fine spirits, busily soaking up
      the atmosphere of this Friday night, not a care in the world. Tomorrow
      evening he will be headlining, but for now he is content to let down
      his barriers and let us into his murky world."

      "Past the security into the belly of the university complex, Johan
      briskly escorts me backstage. Long winding corridors end in an equally
      challenging spiral staircase leading to the Suicide Commando HQ, their
      home for the night. Sitting around the wooden tables laid out with a
      buffet of finger foods and a well-stocked fridge of beer, we begin our
      conversation..."
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Suicide_Commando/Suicide_Commando.html

      Behind the Scenes with Sonya Brown
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Sonya_Brown/Sonya_Brown.html
      -

      --> internationally known music journalist and Gothic Beauty music
      editor <--

      Setting the Standard for a New Music Revolution!

      "Not all journalists are created equal; don't know what I mean? Try
      getting your album reviewed by Rolling Stone or Spin..."

      "Sonya Brown ensures that each and every music submission sent to her
      receives "consideration," even those unbearably painful ones that
      sound like a bunch of cyborg chipmunks running around hitting things."
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Sonya_Brown/Sonya_Brown.html

      TEXAS RISING - Post-election U.S. Political Commentary
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Texas_Rising/Texas_Rising.html
      -

      The conservative movement won the '04 election battle for the American
      soul.

      What will happen if it wins the war?

      "On Tuesday, November 2, the eyes of the world focused on the United
      States. Americans from Alaska to Florida made their way to the polls
      in the early morning hours to vote in the nation's first general
      election since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 2001. Would Americans
      choose to continue down the path George Bush had laid for them — and
      for the world? Or would they choose a different president and a
      different path?"
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Texas_Rising/Texas_Rising.html

      Looking towards a Bright Light
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/AsmodeusX/AsmodeusX.html
      -

      An interview with Asmodeus X

      "Texas EBM/Darkwave outfit, Asmodeus X, has traveled throughout the
      United States disseminating an esoteric breed of Electronica.
      Propelled by their September performance at Synthfest 2004, Asmodeus X
      is now a recognizable force of the Texas underground..."
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/AsmodeusX/AsmodeusX.html

      "Back at the Guns Like a True Texan!"
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/BTWS19/BTWS19.html
      -

      Behind the Walls of Sound (instructional series installment #19)
      an exploration of the theory and devices used to create music.
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/BTWS19/BTWS19.html

      A Goth's Guide...
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Goth_Etiquette_2/Goth_Etiquette_2.html
      -

      to Movie Theatre Etiquette

      "You see, Goths have an uphill battle in cities and towns, in schools,
      and in life. Nobody understands the yearning bleakness of our lives.
      Our parents and authority figures cannot understand nor appreciate our
      sorrowful journeys. They think we choose the life we lead, rather than
      vice versa. So long as they don't understand, we will forever be
      forced to walk in the shadows, reading our Neil Gaiman and James
      O'Barr comic books, wishing that the Goblin King himself would sweep
      us off our feet..."
      ---> SATP Fans - CLICK 'n' READ *HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/2004/12/Goth_Etiquette_2/Goth_Etiquette_2.html

      PLUS SO MUCH MORE!

      Please help us celebrate the clever genius and skill of our many
      talented new writers and graphic artists joining us here at
      SickAmongthePure.com
      by scouring this issue for new music, names, and faces.

      Then, e-mail us with your feedback!

      Each month, we select the most curious, interesting, and informative
      feedback letters to display in our From the Masses section.

      Visit now to view any recently e-mailed comments.

      Feedback from readers (like YOU!) that we post for all to read is
      rewarded with special prizes!

      Music labels and Indie musicians mail new music CDs and other
      promotional items to SATP, which we award to avid fans who demonstrate
      that they are also diligent readers of any articles posted at
      SickAmongthePure.com

      What's on your mind?

      Send FEEDBACK now!

      Thank you!