Semantic Analysis Technology, ISKO UK event - London, 3 Nov 2008

  • Aida Slavic
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      ***Apologies for cross-posting***

      We would like to invite you to a half-day event organized by the British Chapter
      of the International Society for Knowledge Organization (ISKO UK) entitled:

      "Semantic Analysis Technology: in search of categories, concepts & context"

      London, 3 November 2008 from 14:00 - 19:00 (registration starts at 13:15).

      Venue: University College London, Wilkins Building, Gustave Tuck Lecture
      Theatre, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT

      Cost: 20 GBP (students and ISKO members free!)

      Much has been written in recent years of the potential of semantic analysis
      technology which extracts categories, concepts and context automatically. But
      how well does this technology work and what are the issues involved?

      In this seminar, organized by ISKO UK in cooperation with the School of Library,
      Archives and Information Studies at University College London, we will hear from
      six presenters, each of whom will provide their own experiences. They include
      SmartLogic’s Jeremy Bentley, Bill Porter of Expert System, Rob Lee from Rattle
      Research, and Helen Lippell, Karen Loasby and Silver Oliver representing various
      media organizations, among them the BBC.

      This event is the fourth in ISKO UK's successful KOnnecting KOmmunities series,
      and promises some revealing insights into a technology which we may all find
      ourselves using in the not-too-distant future, whether we like it or not.

      For full details on the venue and programme, and to book your place at the event
      visit http://www.iskouk.org/semantic_nov2008.htm.

      We look forward to seeing you in November!

      ISKO UK
      http://www.iskouk.org/

      ******