RE: [facetedclassification] Introductions

  • Emily Fidelman
    Message 1 of 31 , May 13, 2005
      Hi all,
      I'm a library/info science student at the University of North Carolina. At
      this point, I've had relatively little practical experience with faceted
      classification, but philosophically, it seems to me the only classification
      system that makes any sense at all in an online environment, and the best
      classification system for interdisciplinary areas in collections. I hope to
      experiment with it in a database I'm building as a Masters Project, and so
      far, it seems your experiences with it will be very helpful,

      Emily Fidelman

      >From: "petertheman" <peter@...>
      >To: facetedclassification@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [facetedclassification] Introductions
      >Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:26:54 -0000
      >
      >Hi all,
      >a whole bunch of new members have joined in the last few months, so
      >I'd like to invite them to introduce themselves briefly. Who'se first?
      >
      >Cheers,
      >Peter

    • Louie Mayor
      Message 31 of 31 , May 25, 2005
        Thank you Claudio. Much appreciated. I had a good
        reading from William Denton
        <http://www.miskatonic.org/library/facet-web-howto.html>
        as well.

        Regards to everyone!