Re: [facetedclassification] Classifying Digital Photos with ACDSee 6.0

  • Andrew Hallam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2004
      Hi David,

      Beginners enthusiasm got the better of me. :-) I'm not familiar with the
      products you mention, but I wish I'd found your list yesterday! Thanks
      for the URI to www.controlledvocabulary.com.

      As you say, the ACDSee categories are not true facets, but with a bit of
      discipline I think they should be able to be used in a similar fashion
      (which is what I wanted).

      It's an interesting design trade-off. A consumer product has to be
      flexible enough for anyone to be able to use it in almost any way that
      suits them (i.e. minimal constraints). Whereas, a product for
      information professionals can be more constrained.

      BTW, I forgot to mention that I have no links with ACD Systems
      what-so-ever, apart from now being a customer. I paid full price.

      --
      Regards
      Andrew Hallam

      Solution Architect