Invitation for contributions for Video Journal of POS

  • Dr. Ranjit S. Dhaliwal
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2003
      Dr. Ranjit S. Dhaliwal,  MD, DOMS
      Hira Mahal, Radha Soami Marg
      Nabha - 147201, Punjab, INDIA

      Saturday, March 15, 2003

      Dear Sir/Madam

      ,

      I hope this finds you and the whole family in the best of health & spirits.

      At the last Executive Committee meeting of the Punjab Ophthalmological Society, during the Annual POS Conference held at Bathinda, it was unanimously decided to bring out a Video Journal of the POS, and Dr. Ravijit Singh and me were asked to do the needful for this.

      This letter is to invite contributions from you for the Video Journal, in the form of video clips on any subject that you think might interest the members or any work that is being pioneered by you.

      All contributions are subject to editorial review by referees, chosen for their specific expertise. Originality, significance, validity of the contribution, and suitability of the subject matter to viewers would be determined for acceptance.

      The contributions, in video format, maybe sent to me in the form of a CD, by March 31, 2003 for the first issue, at the following address:

        Dr. Ranjit Singh Dhaliwal, MD, DOMS

        Eye Infirmary, Nabha
        Hira Mahal - Radha Soami Marg
        NABHA - 147201, Punjab, INDIA

        Looking forward to your contributions for the Video Journal, which would add another feather to the cap of Punjabi Ophthalmology.

        With warm regards,

        Yours truly,

        RANJIT S. DHALIWAL, MD, DOMS

        Eye Infirmary, Nabha

      • dinesh verma
        Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003

          Dear Dr Dhaliwal

          May I suggest with humility that you should consider a VCD or DVD journal rather than Video journal as most of the countries are moving away from video technology. There is also the problem of PAL vs NTSC issues with video while a VCD/DVD can be seen on any computer in the world irrespective of country of origin of the recording.

          I would like to contribute on training issues for vitreoretinal surgeons including the role of virtual reality simulators. Thanks.

          Dr. Dinesh Verma MD FRCS FRCOphth

          Associate Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology

          Doheny Retina Institute, University of Southern California,

          Los Angeles, USA

          > I hope this finds you and the whole family in the best of health & spirits.
          >
          > At the last Executive Committee meeting of the Punjab Ophthalmological
          > Society, during the Annual POS Conference held at Bathinda, it was
          > unanimously decided to bring out a Video Journal of the POS, and Dr.
          > Ravijit Singh and me were asked to do the needful for this.
          >
          > This letter is to invite contributions from you for the Video Journal, in
          > the form of video clips on any subject that you think might interest the
          > members or any work that is being pioneered by you.
          >
          > All contributions are subject to editorial review by referees, chosen for
          > their specific expertise. Originality, significance, validity of the
          > contribution, and suitability of the subject matter to viewers would be
          > determined for acceptance.
          >
          > The contributions, in video format, maybe sent to me in the form of a CD,
          > by March 31, 2003 for the first issue, at the following address:
          >

          > a.. Dr. Ranjit Singh Dhaliwal, MD, DOMS
          > Eye Infirmary, Nabha
          > Hira Mahal - Radha Soami Marg
          > NABHA - 147201, Punjab, INDIA
          >
          > Looking forward to your contributions for the Video Journal, which would
          > add another feather to the cap of Punjabi Ophthalmology.
          >
          > With warm regards,
          >
          > Yours truly,
          >

          > RANJIT S. DHALIWAL, MD, DOMS
          >
          > Eye Infirmary, Nabha

        • DR.C.SRI RAMA MURTHY
          Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
            Dear  Dr.Ranjit
            I am very glad to know that your POS is starting a Video medical Journal.Even though many of us may not contribute early we are all intrested to go through it regularly.Please see that the Journal is freely seen by all.By the way what is the address of your State web address? Looking forward to see the first issue as early as possible.Wish you all the best in this very useful endeaver.
            Regards
            Rtn.PDG.Dr.C.Sri rama murthy.
            Member Managing Committee. All India Ophthalmological Society
            5-87-104.Laxmipuram Main Rd.
            GUNTUR - 522007. A.P.
            INDIA.
          • Som Prasad
            Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003

              Dear Dr Dhaliwal

              Please let us know the submission guidelines, format, duration, requirement for commentary etc.

              Thanks

              Som

              Som Prasad

              Wirral, UK

              www.sight2020.co.uk

              Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2003
                [please read both paragraphs of this message - moderator]

                Dear Dr. Sri Rama Murthy,
                Thanks for the response. POS, as such doesnot have a homepage, but `Tropical Ophthalmology' the official journal of Punjab Ophthalmological Society can be seen on the homepage of www.isurgeon.org . POS is otherwise a vibrant organisation and its members can collectively be addressed at punjabeyesurgeons@yahoogroups.com .
                With warm regards,
                Ranjit S. Dhaliwal, MD, DOMS

                With regard to hosting of web pages for individual organizations, I wish to bring to your notice that www.ophthal.com invites organizations from around the world to allow us to host their web pages which is being offered free of cost. Information relating to this may be sent to juggy@.... As you can see from the associations link on top of the www.ophthal.com web site we have so far hosted the following
                Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association
                Delhi Ophthalmic Association
                Chandigarh Ophthalmic Association
                Pondicherry Ophthalmologists Association
                Kerala State Ophthamological Society 2001
                Information furnished in the following links however may be updated only on request from the organizations who bears responsibility to update the information. Only the service is being offered from our end and therefore we do do not accept any responsibility for the information furnished to be accurate.

                Regards
                Jagdish Devarajan.,M.S.Ortho
                Technical Co-ordinator : www.ophthal.com
                Co-moderator: eyesurgeons group

                I am very glad to know that your POS is starting a Video medical Journal.Even though many of us may not contribute early we are all intrested to go through it regularly.Please see that the Journal is freely seen by all.By the way what is the address of your State web address? Looking forward to see the first issue as early as possible.Wish you all the best in this very useful endeaver.
                Regards
                Rtn.PDG.Dr.C.Sri rama murthy.
                Member Managing Committee. All India Ophthalmological Society
                5-87-104.Laxmipuram Main Rd.
                GUNTUR - 522007. A.P.
                INDIA.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor