Pachymeter

  • Dr. Nikhil S.Gokhale
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2002
      Sub: Pachmeter
      Sender: Dr. Nikhil S. Gokhale M.D.
      Date 1.10.02

      Dear All,

      I want to buy a pachymeter for glaucoma and prior
      to advising pts. refractive surgery. I need therefore to
      take only a single central measurement. Most pachy
      machines have large screens to map thickness at many
      points across several meridians. The screens are larger.
      Is there any small compact machine which may also be
      more cost effective for my purpose.
      Thanks,
      Dr. N.S.Gokhale M.D.
    • Gaurav Luthra
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
        I use the sonomed for screening. It is compact, good and economical but cannot be used for flap measurement during lasik intraoperatively.

        Gaurav Luthra

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002

          Dear Gaurav Luthra
          What are the special requirements in a pachymeter needed for intraoperative measurements during LASIK.

          Dr. Gokhale.
          I use the sonomed for screening. It is compact, good and economical but cannot be used for flap measurement during lasik intraoperatively.

          Gaurav Luthra
          I want to buy a pachymeter for glaucoma and prior
          to advising pts. refractive surgery. I need therefore to
          take only a single central measurement. Most pachy
          machines have large screens to map thickness at many
          points across several meridians. The screens are larger.
          Is there any small compact machine which may also be
          more cost effective for my purpose.
          Thanks,
          Dr. N.S.Gokhale M.D.

        • Dr. Jagdeep KAKADIA
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2002
            SEOUR - A KOREAN comapny represented by Jaggi is a good option. Their
            Ascan+Pachy combi version is about 1.6 lakh where as all other pachy alone
            are around 1.8 lakh. And A+PAchy combi are close to 3 lakh.

            Even if you have a Ascan, I advice a combi unit. To have two Ascan is agreat
            help. After I have two Ascan, I get almost 97% of my IOL patients to desired
            refraction. Two Ascan is agreat help in confirming axial lengths.

            I want to buy a pachymeter for glaucoma and prior
            to advising pts. refractive surgery. I need therefore to
            take only a single central measurement. Most pachy
            machines have large screens to map thickness at many
            points across several meridians. The screens are larger.
            Is there any small compact machine which may also be
            more cost effective for my purpose.
            Thanks,
            Dr. N.S.Gokhale M.D.

            Thanks. With warm regards.

            Dr.Jagdeep Mohan KAKADIA

            Akshardeep Eye Hospital
            101,Sanjivani,Jail Road,
            Bhavnagar 364 001 (Guj) India
            Phone:+91 278 (Hosp.)422322(Home)422922(Fax)436622

          • Gaurav Luthra
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2002
              Most pachymeters can measure 300 microns plus. The DGH pachy can measure the flap thickness as well and anything more than 95 microns. This can be useful for taking measurements intraop.

            • juggy@nungambakkam.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 14, 2003
                A SonoGauge 50 Hz Pachymeter with Built in Thermal printer, charger . in a perfect condition, the asking price is US $ 2,500.00 or best offer .

                Regards,
                Jagdish Devarajan
                Moderator
                www.ophthal.com groups
              • TARUN JAGGI
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 15, 2003
                  New ECO NIKITA ONE SLITLAMP at USD.450.oo only.

                  Regards,
                  Vivek
                • DR.C.SRI RAMA MURTHY
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 16, 2003
                    Dear Tarun
                    Will you please give details of the slitlamp you have quoted as $450.
                    Dr.C.Sri rama murthy.
                    Member Managing Committee. All India Ophthalmological Society
                    5-87-104.Laxmipuram Main Rd.
                    GUNTUR - 522007. A.P.
                    INDIA.
                  • pmandar@vsnl.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 12, 2007
                      Has anybody from the group any experience of using the Palmscan pahymeter with there LRI software?
                      I am intrested in buying this product. Is there any difference in using the 20MHZ vs 50MHZ probe?

                      Dr.Mandar.G.Paranjpe
                      MBBS, DOMS
                      Pune