Positive motivation RE: [XP] Re: Barry Boehm, Agile Software Development - i

  • jhrothjr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Grigg"
      <jeffgrigg@c...> wrote:

      > --- "jhrothjr" <yahoogroups@j...> wrote:
      > > "I don't like this *** job and the people I
      > > work with. I'm going to quit." is an away from.
      > >
      > > "I want to work on an XP team." is a towards.
      > >
      > > John Roth
      >
      > What if I relate to both of these comments? ;->

      Then you're ahead of a lot of people.

      To get anywhere, you need to know where
      you want to go, where you're coming
      from, and have a feasible path to get
      from one to the other.

      People who only have from tend to run
      from one mess right into another; frequently
      of exactly the same type.

      People who only have too somehow seem
      to have grandiose dreams and never manage
      to get there.

      People who have both from and too, but
      don't have the path tend to be have
      these impossible goals...