OT: waking people late at night

  • aacockburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2004
      Sorry, that triggered one of my favorite jokes, which also happens to
      be a good strategy in real life:

      Man complains to his drinking mate about how his wife wakes up
      whenever he comes home late and drunk, "It doesn't matter how quiet I
      am, she always wakes up and yells at me."

      The other says, "Funny, I never have that problem. I drive in, slam
      the car door, keep on singing to myself, fumble with the car keys,
      bang the front door, keep singing as I undress, and no matter how
      much noise I make, my wife never even stirs as I climb into bed."

      The odd thing is, it works.
      What I've often wondered is how to apply it (whether it applies) to
      other situations? Is there possibly a seed in there for us?

      Alistair