Re: Asking Why... was RE: [XP] overtime thread -- and the "Set-Up-To-Fail" Syndrome

  • Jeff Grigg
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2004
      --- "Kay Pentecost" <tranzpupy@i...> wrote:
      > Does it seem to you that managers who want to "deliver
      > good software" *in order to* "keep their jobs" tend to
      > be less open to XP and other Agile methods?

      I'm not sure that the worst managers will be completely honest with
      me, should I ask them about their values. I'm not sure that they'll
      be completely honest with themselves.

      And hey; I'd like to be rich. ;-> I commonly say, "I want to
      create business value." Great software that doesn't create lots of
      value couldn't really be all that great, now could it? I don't see
      anything wrong with starting a company with the intention of making
      everyone in it rich. But a sustainable business must create value,
      not compromise it. ;->