RE: [XP] Re: RUP and XP

  • Olson, Curtis B
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2004

      That thought strikes me as somewhat Machiavellian. It seems to indicate
      that, in order to exist, one needs an enemy (in fact, an enemy that is
      opposed to humans, i.e. us [as opposed to them]). It seems to be more
      about identity than software development.

      I question whether isolationism will do well long term (in any
      endeavor).

      Without question, IBM would like to co-opt the world, but I think you're
      painting RUP with the wrong brush. It is a framework that must be
      configured to specific situations. Some situations require more
      formality than others. The fact that Rational provides processes and
      tools in no way means that it denigrates individuals and interactions
      (same comparison holds with any other preferences expressed in the Agile
      Manifesto).

      I don't get it. RUP practitioners don't seem to see XP as the enemy -
      is it because RUPers don't have the same close-knit community identity?
      I'm starting to think so...

      Cheers,
      Curtis