C++ coding standard

  • mehta_bhavesh@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12 11:59 PM
      Anybody recommending a good C++ coding standard?
    • Bos,Erik
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14 1:26 AM
        Hi,

        look at :

        Programming in C++, Rules and Recommendations, Mats Henricson and Erik
        Nyquist , http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/lab/cplus/c++.rules

        It's very complete.

        Cheers,
        Erik Bos
        FEI Electron Optics, Building HAF room 33
        P.O. Box 218
        5600 MD Eindhoven
        the Netherlands
        Http://www.feic.com
        Email: ebos@..., Tel: +(31) 40 27 66653, Fax: +(31) 40 27 66820
      • David Ei
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14 3:01 PM
          --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, mehta_bhavesh@y... wrote:
          > Anybody recommending a good C++ coding standard?

          Despite a dozen or so replies, no one actually recommended a C++
          coding standard, so I will. It's from the folks at NASA who write
          code for the Hubble Space Telescope, and it gave me several ideas for
          ways to make my code clearer and easier to read. It's a good place to
          start, and the team can adapt it to suit their needs. See:

          http://ccs.hst.nasa.gov/ccspages/policies/standards/coding_standards.h
          tml (must be all on one line)

          Best Regards,

          David Ei