Re: [XP] Why NOT XP?

  • Dakshinamurthy Karra
    Message 1 of 102 , Nov 2, 2004
      On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:19:43 -0500, J. B. Rainsberger
      <jbrains@...> wrote:
      > It looks like you were expecting an answer other than "I see no problem
      > here." :) What if that's really the answer?

      I am old enough ;-)

      -- KD

      --
      Dakshinamurthy Karra
      CTO, Subex Systems Ltd.(http://www.subexsystems.com)
      Message 102 of 102 , Dec 27, 2004
        Hey Kent, long time no see ;)

        > It *is* easier to tell someone else what to do than to do it yourself.
        > However, doing the behavior myself it is a more effective way to influence
        > others. Part of modeling is practicing the behavior yourself. Part of it is
        > waiting for the teachable moment, where someone else is ready to learn
        > something.

        I find that if it isn't a teachable moment, it would be easier to do it
        myself. I usually still tell them anyway, and often I try to remove a
        barrier or two, but when you have too much to do, something has to give.
        At least if you are pair programming you can show them.

        Erik Meade