Re: OT: Why OT XP? (was Re: [XP] Re: Why NOT XP?)

  • Dave Rooney
    Message 1 of 102 , Nov 1, 2004
      Edmund Schweppe <schweppe@...> said:

      > Dave Rooney wrote:
      >
      > > If I had a dollar for every time Ron wrote, "What would have
      > > to be true to...", I could retire tomorrow! ;)
      >
      > Dang, the cost of living must be *much* lower in Canada than around my
      > neck-o-the-woods. We still haven't even hit 100,000 messages (at least,
      > according to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/extremeprogramming/).

      Well, I'm cheap (but certainly not easy)! :)

      Uh, yes... that exactly what I wrote... can't you read!! :)

      > > Since that time, the number of off-topic or questionable posts
      > > has dropped considerably.
      >
      > Well, I guess I need to start making more cheap puns, then...

      Limericks are good too... there once was a Software Architect from
      Nantucket...

      Dave Rooney
      Mayford Technologies
      http://www.mayford.ca
    • Erik Meade
      Message 102 of 102 , Dec 27, 2004
        Hey Kent, long time no see ;)

        > It *is* easier to tell someone else what to do than to do it yourself.
        > However, doing the behavior myself it is a more effective way to influence
        > others. Part of modeling is practicing the behavior yourself. Part of it is
        > waiting for the teachable moment, where someone else is ready to learn
        > something.

        I find that if it isn't a teachable moment, it would be easier to do it
        myself. I usually still tell them anyway, and often I try to remove a
        barrier or two, but when you have too much to do, something has to give.
        At least if you are pair programming you can show them.

        Erik Meade