Why NOT XP?

  • Molnár Ágnes
    Message 1 of 102 , Oct 26, 2004
      Hi!

      Could you give me some idea, why must I use another methodology to use?
      What are the problems with XP?

      I know it's a very extreme question here, but I need some idea, pls.

      Thx,
      Agnes

    • Erik Meade
      Message 102 of 102 , Dec 27, 2004
        Hey Kent, long time no see ;)

        > It *is* easier to tell someone else what to do than to do it yourself.
        > However, doing the behavior myself it is a more effective way to influence
        > others. Part of modeling is practicing the behavior yourself. Part of it is
        > waiting for the teachable moment, where someone else is ready to learn
        > something.

        I find that if it isn't a teachable moment, it would be easier to do it
        myself. I usually still tell them anyway, and often I try to remove a
        barrier or two, but when you have too much to do, something has to give.
        At least if you are pair programming you can show them.

        Erik Meade