RE: [XP] The Agile Push from Above

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 15 5:27 PM
      I think XP can be effectively pushed from above. Executives should
      demand accountability rather than particular practices, however. "Reduce
      the number of defects reported from the field by 50% in each of the next
      4 quarters." That's an accountable statement, and it's a reasonable goal
      for a new XP team. The XP practices to achieve it are clear: pairing,
      test-first, CI, sitting together, daily deployment. Other methodologies,
      like cleanroom, also promise similar improvement in defects. Which path
      a team chooses is up to them.

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute

    • Kent Beck