Programmers and Testers, experiences?

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      Hello, everyone.

      I am speaking at a Toronto-area meeting attended mostly by testers in
      their various incarnations (QA people, or however they prefer to call
      themselves). The topic is relationships between programmers and testers,
      and as part of my talk I'd like to regale the audience with stories
      about both positive and negative experiences that programmers have had
      with testers, and that testers have had with programmers.

      If you are willing to volunteer a story, then please do. If possible,
      please CC or BCC me directly at jbr at diasparsoftare dot com.

      In particular, I'm interested in your /perception/ of the relationship:
      what about it worked or didn't work. What conclusions -- even rash and
      unfair ones -- did you reach about your co-worker? How did you react?
      Did you think, "Oh, these damn programmers!" or, "Why can't these
      testers leave me alone?!" Names will be protected. :)

      Thanks for your help.
      --
      J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger
      Diaspar Software Services